Armidale PlazaRetail Development
The Armidale Plaza project involved the refurbishment and alterations to an existing, fully operational shopping centre, together with a 6,000m2 extension incorporating 2 new underground car parks. Completed in one hit over 12 months this project consolidated 4 separate retail buildings into a cohesive, user friendly centre.
The most complex section of the refurbishment work required the incorporation of the 1842 Richardson Arcade building into the new design, while excavating out the area underneath to provide a new underground parking area for supermarket shoppers.
The extension provided a further 31 specialty shops, two major tenants, travelators and parking for an additional 240 cars. This intricate and difficult project was the winner of the 2007 Master Builders Association (NSW) Award for Best Retail Development Under $20M.